Yes, hypnosis can be used as a motivator to get you into the gym every day when you feel like skipping. If you’re someone that snoozes your workout wake-up call or plops down on the couch after a long day of work, hypnosis can help you stay on track. It’s all about creating and maintaining a positive mental zone that allows you to fulfill a desired exercise routine.
Here’s how it works. Your conscious mind makes up 10% - 12% of your total mind power; your subconscious mind makes up the remaining 88% - 90%. Thus, your subconscious mind is very powerful and runs deep. “Whenever your conscious and subconscious minds are in conflict, your subconscious mind invariably wins. This is known as the Law of Conflict.” Using the Law of Conflict, you can reprogram your mind to go into autopilot when it’s time to hit the gym.
As taught in my book, Selling Hypnotically, “The goal of hypnosis is to access the subconscious mind, which is where all our programming and long-term memory are contained.” If you want to reprogram how you feel about exercising, you can work with a hypnotist that’ll help you design a perfect workout regime. “The subconscious mind will accept any sustained impression or thought, particularly those fueled by emotions, and bring them into manifestation without doubt. Once a message is implanted, with or without conscious awareness, your subconscious will proceed to work upon that message automatically.” Your conscious mind is working in overdrive to come up with excuses and reasons not to go to the gym. A hypnotist can work with you to take your natural tendencies to delay or procrastinate your workout routines and replace those habits with healthier lifestyle choices.
Many people use self-hypnosis or positive self-talk to get in the zone. A professional hypnotist is an expert when it comes to “self-talk.” I help my clients build a routine in their mind that responds to a particular trigger. For instance, if you want to start waking up early to exercise before starting your busy day, we can start by having you envision the emotions that cause you to hit the snooze button. We’ll work with those triggers and reprogram your subconscious with more positive and fulfilling reactions to the alarm clock. So when it’s time to work out, your body will start acting on the choreographed rehearsal in your mind.
Click on the YouTube link above to watch me discussing how hypnosis can be a gym motivator with Men's Fitness Magazine. Or click on the article link below to learn more about using hypnosis as a gym motivator.