There are certain things you can do to increase your chance of being hypnotized. First thing's first, simply keeping an open mind will dramatically increase your chances of entering a hypnotic state. Being receptive and wanting it and willing hypnosis to happen will bring about hypnosis. It’s as simple as that.
Other tips for being hypnotized include:
- Get as comfortable as possible so you can focus on what the hypnotist is saying.
- Uncross your hands and legs so that your body is open to receiving messages.
- Place your complete trust in the hypnotist and know that he or she will not harm you.
- Block out all sounds around you as if they no longer exist.
- Ignore all people in the room and realize that the hypnotist is the only other person in your environment.
Know that, on average, 80% of the population can be hypnotized, so your chances are good. If you're open, creative and receptive, your chances of having a hypnotic experience will dramatically increase.